Friday, October 30, 2009

Just another seedling...

Well, was watching Macbeth by The “A Royal Shakespeare Company”; astonishing and mind blowing.


And for me these sort of videos are inspirational.

Firstly, i thought of doing it by using the veena to create sounds and melodies while the cast deliver their lines. Then i realised, “why bother take a English Classic Tale, when the Indian Civilisation consist of a multifaceted genres of Epics, Tales, Drama and etc.”

'Mahabharatham'- longest epic in world literature, 100,000 2-line stanzas

Hopefully, around this time, next year, after my ORD that is; i want to stage this epic, back again in Republic Polytechnic.

I want to use simple costumes and serious dialogues, with music and sounds from carnatic and modern; to create this production. Exhibiting the gore and rawness, together with explicit anger and love mixed and arranged in a heart shattering and astounding manner.

I will tie up my hair only after Dukshathana has been killed – after his chest has been torn open and his hot blood had been applied onto my hair.” Draupadi

The Visvaroopa Dharshan is also a magnificent scene that will captivate any souls.


Tomorrow, stepping back into my Polytechnic once again; this is where i will get the chance to see the next Generation of Artiste in the making, batch perhaps. Nakshatra '09, Navarasam (In Tamil).

1 comment: